31 July 2016

A Wind Doth Blow, a Literary short story by Daniel Kelley

4 out of 5 stars!

This little story got me thinking... I was surprised when I came to the end, because it is different than anything I have read the past years, written by contemporary authors.

For me, A Wind Doth Blow shows the life and mind of an introvert who is also an artist and how he falls in love with a neighbour, who was also an artist. The man narrating the story is a painter and the woman he secretly desires is an oboist. The mood and the plot are poetic, dreamy, bittersweet.

It reads like an autumnal afternoon shower, it is beautiful and loaded with melancholia. This short story is like a little piece of art itself.

I am happy that I came across and won it at a LibraryThing giveaway, otherwise I may have missed the opportunity to read it.

And last but not least, I love the cover! As an artist myself, it resonates with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ^.^